NEW COURSE COMING SOON!
Why this course is relevant to you?
All businesses in the UK must comply with the Competition Law and there are serious consequences for both companies and directors where they are found to be infringing the law. In the UK, there have been in recent years a number of high profile cases involving banks breaching the competition law rules.
All financial services companies need to be aware of the risks they face under the Competition Law and the penalties for infringing are serious. This easy to use e-Learning module gives users an extensive overview of Competition Law and helps ensure staff are aware of Competition Law.
Who is the course suitable for?
- Board members and senior management
- Investment advisers
- Sales & marketing staff
- Compliance officers
- In-house legal personnel
What will you learn?
By the end of this 60 minute module, you should be able to:
- Describe what competition law is
- Explain why competition law exists
- Understand what the penalties are for infringing Competition Law
- Understand the powers of the Financial Competition Authority
- Within the module, we have provided useful links where you can drill down for further information
- What is competition law?
- What are the potential implications of infringing Competition Law?
- Competition Law in the Financial Services sector
- Anti-competitive agreements
- Abuse of dominance
- Mergers and market investigations
- Regulators’ Investigatory Powers
- Competition Law Compliance and Procedures
- Key Do’s and Don’ts